dltv 220 episode
Run time 32:39Producer pcmagAudio/Visual sound, colorLanguage English
Firefox Extensions, Tax Applications, a bit of GDC and More.
What's new in Episode 220
• Brooks Rowlett is no longer a co-host virgin!!! He joins Robert this week on the DL.TV set.
• Our Viewer Tech Pic of the Week is from Nick of West Lafayette, IN at Purdue University.
• Tax season is here. PCMag's Michael Muchmore has a round-up of 3 tax applications that might help you save a couple hundred dollars on a CPA. Turbo Tax, Tax Cut and Tax ACT
• Brooks Rowlett shows off some Firefox Extensions. URL Fixer, Speed Dial, Firefox Showcase, Zotero BugMeNot and PicLens. We would like to thank Grant G. and rest of the crew from the Nerds List for pointing out some of those cool Firefox extensions.
• The Game Developers Conference is in full swing in San Francisco. Scott heads over to take a look.
• Our viewer question is from Paul W.:
• Would you guys do a segment showing how to properly use a codec pack without messing up your computer and give recommendations on which codec packs are the best?
• Hulu.com has been ever so kind to give us more beta invites. Go to the Hulu/DL.TV page for more invites. Looks as if you guys wanted to check out the site. They added an extra 1000 over the long weekend and then added another 500 yesterday (Wednesday).
• One final thing, on our March 6th show, Loyd Case -Editor of Extremetech.com- will be joining us. He will be answering as many of your questions as he can. So if you have a question for Loyd...ie. Graphics Cards, Motherboards, Processors, How to set up your lan party...Send us an email with "Ask Loyd" in the subject line.
• Next week: A whole lot of Game Developers Converence, Garnett Lee of 1UP.com will be here to give us the gaming announcements while Scott hits the show floor for more cool gadgets.
• Got a Question? A tip? A product you're curious about Email us at email@example.com